Gifting With Love…
We’re all about making the small moments meaningful at Kamelya and what a special gift this would make for the festive season… A personalised jar of homemade Spiced Plum Chutney with fresh bay, cinnamon & allspice, finished with a monogrammed bow. Gifting with love, from your home to theirs.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 500ml Glass Jar (or divide the chutney into smaller jars for multiple gifting moments)
- Our Kamelya Monogrammed Ribboned Bow - Emerald (also currently available in Cedar & Berry)
SHOP HERE: Monogram Ribboned Bows
- vegetable oil
- 4 shallots
- 1 kg mixed plums
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 400 g brown sugar
- 1 orange
- cider vinegar
Time Cooks In: 1 hour 30 minutes + cooling
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pan over a low heat. Peel and slice the shallots, then cook gently, or until softened and golden brown. Meanwhile, stone and chop the plums.
- Add the bay leaves and spices to the pan, fry for 1 minute then stir in the plums. Add the sugar and finely grate in the orange zest.
- Squeeze the orange juice into a measuring jug and top up to 450ml with cider vinegar. Add to the pan and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer slowly until most of the water has evaporated and the chutney is reduced and thick, stirring now and then as it cooks.
- Spoon the chutney into sterilised jars and seal straight away. Leave to cool and store in a cupboard for a few weeks before eating.
🏷️ Bookmark for later | Follow along as we make the chutney on Instagram
Chutney Recipe by Jamie Oliver